Friday, August 13, 2010

Inter-Species Dialogue

The dogs are tired of me
pretending to be
human.

They want to feel that same
happy star-shine they
got sprayed with
while I sat out
here last night
all let-go languid
in the light
that bathed them in
warm breaths
through the grasses
waving still
radiant still
beyond colors
transparent and laughing
like elves taking
secret showers
under the waterfall
at midnight
when no one will see
just how beautiful
their wings are
under the moon.

Our merely human minds
would melt.

We would follow them anywhere
if we glimpsed it
for an instant.

We would leave everything
else behind;
everything.

The dogs have decided
they’re coming with me;
so we go for a long
slow walk in the dark
to where the river starts.

I tell them
I am tired of them
pretending to be
dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment